Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Welcome!!

Welcome to my little blog. I have blogged about our adoptions and our family before, but this blog will be about our daily life raising two beautiful daughters from China and maybe some things that I feel like giving my opinion on. Some of it will be funny (because quite honestly, I've got one kid that could make a living in comedy), some of it will be serious (because we're raising kids of a different race), some of it will be spiritual (we are Jesus loving freaks here folks), some will be medical and some will just be for me to record the happenings of our family life. As I grow older (notice I did not say I am OLD) I find that my memory isn't what it used to be. Maybe one day my kids will look back on this blog and get some comfort and laughs after Steve and I are gone. So, let's get started here by talking about the name. For those that know Jenna and Desi, this title makes perfect sense. They dance. They spin, they twirl, they tap, they make up their own dances,,,, They.love.dance and hence, the leotard reference in the title. Then, they ARE Chinese and my girls would eat Lo Mein noodles every single day of their life if they could. Seriously. I'm surprised they haven't turned into noodles. Is it because they like the taste or is it in their DNA to like noodles? Not a clue. What I do know, is my bank account has taken a hard hit because of Lo Mein noodles and so Lo Mein gets a place in the title. Yes, it's kind of funny sounding, but it is so representative of our family right now ;-) Sometimes people have questions about our family. For example: Why did you choose China and not the U.S. to adopt from? Why/how did your kids end up in orphanages? Why don't Chinese people like little girls? How much did it cost? If there's something you'd like to know, please ask. Really. I try not to run away from these questions. Before adopting, these were things I wanted to know too!!! Is there something you want to know? Ask away!!! Psalm 68:5 Father of the fatherless and protector of widows is God in his holy habitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment